The Parent Toddler Program is an enjoyable two hours specifically designed to cater for your child’s increasing desire for independence and enthusiasm for learning. This program offers a wonderful opportunity for parents and carers to experience and share the Montessori philosophy of education with their children.
Our welcoming, enriching and orderly prepared environment is specially set up to foster your child’s growing independence, with child-¬sized furniture and specialised Montessori equipment that caters for this stage of development. All activities are prepared so that children are given the opportunity to explore and discover the environment and use the materials with minimum adult assistance to develop trust in their own capabilities.
The sessions are led by an experienced Montessori guide who provides responsive, individual attention as your child deals with positive experiences as well as frustration. Children attend with a parent or carer from the time they are walking independently, typically from 15 to 18 months until they turn 3.
The parent and toddler program focuses on five key developmental areas:
- Sensory and perceptual development
- Self-help, practical life skills
- Language skills
- Physical and motor skills
- Social and emotional growth
This program offers parents and carers an opportunity to:
- learn about Montessori education - discussion on topics like sleeping, eating, toileting, behavior and lot more.
- learn to guide their child in keeping with the Montessori philosophy.
- observe and understand the changing needs of their child with the help of an experienced Montessori educator
- engage with other parents
Sessions run Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from 9.15am to 11.15am. Cost is: $400. Please note that we do not offer casual classes or split bookings. This class is for children who are walking independently and confidently (typically 14/16 months) until three years of age.
Location: Headland Montessori ELC Building 2, 33 North Head Scenic Dr, Manly, NSW 2095
Term 3 will run from 22 July to 5 September (7 weeks) - now open:
phone - 02 9002 0680